Re: burden of maintainance

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: burden of maintainance
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 19:18:08 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Can you give an example? Of course not everything can be tested, but
>> many things can.
>
> We are mis-communicating again: I meant features which display
> something or involve interactive keyboard input.

Emacs is in a better position here than most other tools because it has
keyboard macros and can easily inspect the things it displays, e.g., the
text properties or overlays at point.

I can think of something like "ERT keyboard-macro tests" where you would
basically record a keyboard macro and during that, you have some way to
add some assertions before resuming recording.  The whole recorded thing
could then be stored as an ERT test.

Bye,
Tassilo