Re: New maintainer

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 07:08:28 +0200

Hello,

"John Wiegley" <address@hidden> writes:

>> So, now that I stepped down, we need to find a new maintainer (or a new
>> maintainer-team).
>
> I'd like to self-nominate for that role, Stefan.

I strongly support John as a possible new maintainer for Emacs,
possibly in a team with Eli, which I strongly support too.

I maintain Org-mode since 2011 (with a lower activity in 2015 but
more time in 2016).  Along those years, interacting with John has
always been both helpful and enjoyable.

I completely trust John for moving Emacs forward into the right
direction, and for supporting GNU's goal as a whole.

Having discussions on what are the best ways to achieve freedom
through softwares is both natural and important: varying points
of view keep us vigilant on what freedom is in general, and for
software users in particular.  This is something I value very
much, as long as it does not affect our collectively assumed
goals, which are, right now, the goals of the GNU project.

--
 Bastien