Re: New maintainer

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:45:34 -0500

>First, I second John's self-nomination.  I suspect it's a no-op given
>his "disagreement with the spirit of the GPL", but FWIW I think he
>would be an excellent Emacs maintainer.

An important question for John is how he would feel about RMS overriding
technical decisions -- that is, decisions John might feel are purely technical
-- for philosophical reasons.  Can John live with that happening occasionally?
Because it surely would.

(I heartily second Stephen's second, fwiw.  John would be a great maintainer,
and while I disagree with him about the GPL, I don't think that bears much on
the question of whether he can maintain Emacs well, given everything else he's
said here.)