Re: Emacs 24.1 won't compile

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Emacs 24.1 won't compile
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 23:54:57 +0200

On 2015-10-02, at 22:32, Paul Eggert <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 10/02/2015 01:39 AM, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> I tried to compile Emacs 24.1....
>> ./stdio.h:1030:1: error: ‘gets’ undeclared here (not in a function)
>>   _GL_WARN_ON_USE (gets, "gets is a security hole - use fgets instead");
>>   ^
>> What do I do?
>
> I suggest commenting that line out in lib/stdio.h.

Thanks!

> Just FYI Emacs 24.1 isn't being maintained any more, not on this list
> anyway.  And the emacs-24 branch of the Git repository is pretty much
> dead too.  Development has moved on.

That's obvious, I understand.

The reason I want Emacs 24.1 (or Emacs 24.whatever) is that a user of my
package complained about not having alist-get (and earlier about
time-add not supporting Unix times as inputs, which seems to work on
Emacs 25 - albeit not documented), and I want to be able to support that
version, too.  And it's more convenient if I can test locally and not
ask him every time I fix a small problem.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University