xdisp.c's struct it questions.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: xdisp.c's struct it questions.
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 15:48:36 +0000

Hello, Emacs.

I'm trying to get some stuff in xdisp.c working.  It's hard.

I'm currently looking at routines like `move_it_to', which is described
as "Move IT forward until it satisfies one or more of the criteria in
TO_CHARPOS, TO_X, TO_Y, and TO_VPOS."

What I can't find anywhere is a description of what it means for a
"struct it" to _be_ somewhere.  There are around 100 fields in struct
it, and several of them record locations, coordinates, etc., in one way
and another.  Which of these fields are changed when move_it_to is
called?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).