Re: how reliable is rendering of complex scripts?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: how reliable is rendering of complex scripts?
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 11:06:32 -0700

> No one is working on this, to the best of my knowledge. Once again, we lack
> individuals on board who understand these issues well enough to do that.

Just FYI, I use Emacs to write in Arabic script fairly often (chatting in
Persian via ERC). I haven't noticed any specific rendering or right-to-left
issues yet, but do count me as someone with knowledge of and concern for these
issues. I know nothing about the other non-Latin scripts, however, or what
needs they might have.

John