Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 15:25:30 +0200

First of all thank you for actually contributing with code, Philip.
Very much appreciated.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have implemented this in a private fork:
> https://github.com/phst/emacs-dynamic-module/commit/b14073ef8a522bdb90a8d7f0edc575edfd75da26
> Note that code is only a suggestion how it could be implemented. It deviates
> from Daniel's design by using return parameters instead of TLS, but that's
> only a minor difference. The important part is the addition of
> protected_call_n to eval.c.

I've looked at both branch. The one using an in-out return parameter
looks really annoying to use though. I think I prefer the "minimal"
implementation [1]. Using that version, we could add an
unsafe_funcall() to the API that doesnt do any signal checking so that
we have both.

Stefan, is this enough? Or should we actually expose `condition-case'
for finer-grained control?

1:
https://github.com/phst/emacs-dynamic-module/commit/41a8cb8a1d29346331fcaf1f28b6c5bee8c8f6ad