Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:54:21 +0300

On 10/01/2015 10:18 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I was talking specifically about features that existed for a long
time.  Introduction of new features is, of course, another matter, and
I agree with you that not every feature of every VCS should be in VC.

The term "makes sense" usually doesn't take into account backward compatibility.

If it did, your agreement with "we should be able to drop features that don't make sense" is a no-op, because any existing feature would, by definition, make sense. Right?