Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: RCS, again: another removed functionality: undo last-checkin
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 23:06:14 +0300

On 10/01/2015 10:59 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
v and c are neighbors, so I don't see why "C-x v c" would be hard.

It's not hard, it's harder. Again, if `vc-commit' is going to be the preferred command, it should use the better binding.

Arguing otherwise is discouraging, and it's a good example of why focus on backward compatibility saps mental energy. Would you prefer I don't work on this change at all?

I ask once again why not make vc-next-action support some simple
workflow with modern VCSes.

That's very vague.

To my (obviously) limited knowledge, RMS is the only user of a locking
backend, and so far he hasn't answered the pertinent question about his
workflow.

If by "locking VCS" you mean RCS, then I use it from time to time.

Could you answer that question, then?