Re: burden of maintainance

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: burden of maintainance
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:56:21 +0200

address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:

>> What's wrong with hydra and the emacs-buildstatus ML?
>>
>> <http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk>
>
> Is is running the tests?
>
> From the logs it doesn't appear to be. Which is unfortunate because
> although I can ./configure;make from trunk but at the moment the tests
> on trunk are failing. At least on my machine.

Yes, the ERT tests run on hydra. Check the "coverage" job of a test run,
for example <http://hydra.nixos.org/build/26534891>. In the log file,
you see also the output of a "make check" call.

> Does it do ELPA as well? And branches would be good.

No, it doesn't check ELPA packages. I'm sure that such a contribution
from a volunteer would be welcome.

Branches are not checked, except the emacs-24 branch while we were in
pretest. This has been stalled meanwhile, because nothing happens in
this branch now.

> Phil

Best regards, Michael.