Re: New maintainer

From: Michael Westbom
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 10:38:41 -0400

I’m new to this mailing list and happen to find it in a morass of maintainership discussion quite by coincidence; weigh my comments as you will.

I’d like to offer a solid +1 to Mr. Wiegley’s maintainership of Emacs.

After having witnessed his conduct on this thread, as well as being familiar with his name through seeing it on the by-line of many an excellent work over the last couple years (in other words, about as long as I’ve been using Emacs), I believe his depth of knowledge, clarity of vision, and capacity for technical writing are well suited to the task.

--
Michael Westbom