Re: New maintainer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 13:12:10 -0400

  > I do, but the GPL in my reading is not about privacy and choices.
  > There could be a GPL'ed program that doesn't care about privacy and
  > gives the users little control on its operation.

Free software does not guarantee the absence of malfeatures,
but free software puts the users in control of the program
which enables the user community to fix any malfeatures.
This in turn reduces the temptation to introduce malfeatures.

See http://gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html
and fsf.org/tedx.

--
Dr Richard Stallman