Re: Failure to bootstrap on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Failure to bootstrap on Windows
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 09:56:14 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 04:53:45 +0200
> Cc: Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> I've been able to bootstrap with the following patch:

I think something's wrong with your setup for running MSYS-based build
procedures.  Or maybe some of the latest MSYS stuff started
misbehaving.  Because none of these changes make sense to me.  In
particular, why quoting 'like this' should be any different from
quoting "like this", as long as the quoted stuff includes no special
characters, as in the case in point?  This all smells of file-name
"transformations" done by MSYS when it invokes native programs, so
please look around and see if some program/utility involved in this,
besides Emacs, is not an MSYS program.  Then make sure its MSYS
namesake is invoked instead.

Thanks.