Re: Testing library for C code

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: Testing library for C code
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 18:43:14 +0200

W dniu 08.10.2015 o 16:44, Eli Zaretskii pisze:
So yes, C++ would be acceptable, IMO, as would any other tool that is
wide spread enough, if they are a good tool for the job.  The only
requirements I'd think we should insist on is (a) if a C++ compiler is
not available, the tests should be skipped without producing errors,
and (b) the tools should be free and portable.
Ok.

[...] So I
would suggest to show a few examples of tests for Emacs code using
whatever method you'd like to use, so we could see whether these
libraries indeed get us some significant advantages that justify their
use.
That is my plan. I just didn't want to spend time on libs that are
automatically excluded, because of language.

 Making a scratch/something branch would be a good start.
I don't have commit access, but can fork it on GH (https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs) and will send a link.

(Btw, cppunit hints that you are looking for unit-testing frameworks,
which I'm not sure is what we want.)
I haven't used it yet, but not sure what can be against it.

Anyway, I'll write a few tests with different libraries and send a link.