Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:17:53 +0200

Przemysław Wojnowski <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Recently I was going through Emacs C code and immediately one thing
> come to my mind: "Did anyone consider rewrite it a more maintainable
> language?" :-)

Emacs is mostly written in Emacs Lisp.  C is used only for the core.
Encapsulation, namespaces and modularity are not really an issue there
as it is a closed and confined working set.

They are an issue in Elisp.  So if you are worried about
maintainability, rewriting Elisp into a more maintainable language would
be by far more effective.

--
David Kastrup