Re: IDE

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 22:41:37 +0900

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 22:34, Przemysław Wojnowski <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> W dniu 11.10.2015 o 15:26, Jean-Christophe Helary pisze:
>> Productivity for code *writers* could be defined by how many correct code
>> strings they output in a given amount of time.
>>
>> Anything that
>>
>> 1) increase the volume
>> 2) increase the correctness
>>
>> of the strings increases productivity.
>
> I like jokes, but adding your "list of features" would be great too. ;-)

It was not intended as a joke :) But if we start by defining what we mean by
"productivity" in the context of code writing, then it's easier to see what can
be on the feature list and what does not need to be.

Also, the above definition applies equally to any (non literary) writer. So
instead of thinking IDE, you could think IWE and get perspectives that you
would not have it you just focused on Emacs vs other IDEs.

Jean-Christophe