Re: Adding to ELPA?

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Adding to ELPA?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:47:42 +0100

How are you distributing this mode? Couldn't you distribute the package with it?

Oh well, now that we're in feature freeze, Emacs 25 should be arriving soon anyway.

On 11 Oct 2015 5:57 pm, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> writes:

> On 10 Oct 2015 8:50 am, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The problem is more that I am fuzzy on what Emacs versions to require
>> here if any.  Until rather recently, Emacs tended to lose events
>> placed into unread-command-events when they were arriving not
>> one-by-one.  With many MIDI input applications (but not necessarily
>> all) that's going to end up a problem.
>
> I see. If this bug is bearable, I would require an emacs version as
> low as possible. If the bug is game breaking, I would depend on a
> version that fixed the bug. Ultimately it's up to you.
>
> If you choose the second option and there's no released version
> without the bug, then it would be polite to wait for the next release.

I'm now depending on (emacs "25") and I'm afraid that I'll be impolite
in order to be able to use this package as a dependency for some
additions to the separately distributed LilyPond-mode.

--
David Kastrup