Re: file-notify-tests.el hanging for nextstep builds on OS X?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: file-notify-tests.el hanging for nextstep builds on OS X?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:43:13 +0200

"John Wiegley" <address@hidden> writes:

Hi John,

> Before I track this down further, is file-notify-tests.el hanging indefinitely
> for anyone else during a build of HEAD?  I'm using Nix to do the build, so it
> could be a complication from that environment, but I wanted to check here
> first, to make sure I'm not missing something trivial.
>
> XCode 6.4, OS X 10.10.5, using Clang 3.6.2.

Which test case? And which local and remote file notification libraries
/ commands are used?  `file-notify-test00-availability' and
`file-notify-test00-availability-remote' dump this out.

If the local library is `gfilenotify', pls show src/config.h. A
combination of HAVE_NS and HAVE_GFILENOTIFY is known not to
work. configure.ac should detect this situation, 'tho.

Unfortunately, I'm hindered to work on this due to health problems these
days. Will do as soon as I have recovered.

> Thanks,
>   John

Best regards, Michael.