Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:13:34 +0200

Paul Eggert <address@hidden> writes:

> Oleh Krehel wrote:
>> I'd like to switch all const
>> pointers to a single "const char *" style.
>
> Let's not. It's more consistent to put 'const' after the type it
> modifies, and if we're going to have a "standard" style, that's the
> one we should have.

"const char *" style is used in 85.9% of the cases. If you want to
revert those uses to "char const *" I'll support you, since I want the
consistency of a single style.

> But really, we have better things to do.

I don't. I have no problem spending time to replace "char const *" into
"const char *". Browsing through a code base that I want to get familiar
with and fixing a small annoyance doesn't sound bad to me.

    Oleh