mercurial: commit -m "logmsg" command line: Emacs command

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: mercurial: commit -m "logmsg" command line: Emacs command
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 10:03:45 +0300

Hello

Coming from RCS, I thought that
vc-next-action in a file under HG control, it would be equivalent to run
 hg commit -m "logmsg"

>From the command line. However it is not.
I tested it several times. I modify 2 files, but run vc-next-action only
in one of them. Hg status tells me the second is modified. When I push
to bitbucket only the one I run vc-next-action is pushed.

Is there any comment I did not try out? What do I miss?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer