Re: IDE

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 00:03:03 +0300

On 10/15/2015 04:08 PM, Eric Ludlam wrote:

Indeed.  That is a similarity.

Not an accidental one.

Some, such as 'version' and 'name' seem trivial, but become more
convenient when you start browsing through your open projects.

I'm not saying there aren't useful, just not essential.

Different projects handle this differently.  The original set regarding
both Automake and Makefile based projects are as you describe.

I see. And the distinction is managed by the ede-find-subproject-for-directory implementation.

You can 'customize' the project and
just fill in the blanks for your build system, include-path and others,
or just ignore it all.

How does one customize an instance of the generic project?

You will note other tools that wrangle data now use defstruct (now part
of emacs) or seem to create their own data structure with their own
accessors, so building such tools is not unusual.  I just tried to make
mine more generally useful.

Sure.