Re: IDE

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:05:23 +0200

W dniu 11.10.2015 o 15:41, Jean-Christophe Helary pisze:
[...]
It was not intended as a joke :) But if we start by defining what we mean by
"productivity" in the context of code writing, then it's easier to see what can
be on the feature list and what does not need to be.
Note one thing: I have written "to help programmers do their work productively".
It doesn't have to be "writing code". It can be analyzing code, learning it, refactoring, deleting code, running app/tests/debugging, etc.

Actually in many legacy systems writing code is minor activity.

In different projects productivity may be defined differently, but, where money counts, usually it's defined as "deliver software on time". Nobody care how many lines is that - the less, the better. If its oneliner and does the job then do it. :-)