Re: IDE

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 01:13:47 +0300

On 10/11/2015 09:10 PM, Drew Adams wrote:

FWIW, Icicles has long provided this, just by using *Completions*
for the completions and *Help* for the current-completion doc.

Indeed, by default Company just pops a window for documentation. But many users have taken to using a third-party frontend that displays the documentation using pos-tip.

I don't want them to have to choose between that and displaying completion in a tooltip. They should be able to have both.

Users control when/if candidate help is displayed (by key).
It is not just thrown in their face systematically.

Many users like it to be displayed after a delay automatically.

FWIW, I also consider it a plus, not a minus, that the window-mgr
"decorations" are present.  Users can move the frames, iconify
them, shrink/enlarge them - do whatever they want with them,
including in some cases on the fly, by key.

Well, I don't consider it a plus.