Re: ELPA contributions?

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: ELPA contributions?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 22:25:16 +0100

All I ever do is "remote add, subtree add, subtree pull" to add a new package; or just subtree pull to update a package. This is pretty much what you're doing, except I don't fetch nor squash.

When someone edits a package on the elpa repo, I just copy the changes over to my remote (no git commands). It's just simpler this way.

All of this should really be better explained on the readme. I remember I felt a little lost the first time I was doing it. If anyone would like to document these steps a bit better I would be thoroughly grateful.

Best,
Artur