Re: IDE

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 01:07:18 +0300

On 10/18/2015 01:03 AM, Przemysław Wojnowski wrote:

I think it is not a problem. An IDE could switch (or enable) language
backend
depending on current language. For C-like (or maybe statically typed in
general) languages (covering most of programming world) could use
Semantic, for
other languages maybe something other (like tern for JS).

It would be better if we could support a set of common operations for both static and dynamic languages. If those were implemented by Semantic by static languages, more power to it.

The EDE subthread also brought up some ideas for project.el.
Does that mean that you don't want to reuse EDE, but reimplement everything
from scratch? Don't you think it would be better to reuse what already
is and
just change parts of it to be more flexible?

Have you looked at lisp/progmodes/project.el yet?

Intellij's support for JavaScript is not so great. Compared to Java it
is poor.

Compared to most other JS editors, it's pretty great. Or so I'm told.