Re: IDE

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 10:13:45 +0200

> M-x grep RET works a lot smoother than M-! grep and the kind of
> difference between the two are where Emacs shines, providing the editor
> connection to technology.

M-x rgrep is even nicer, particularily in maven Java projects (with
deeply nested directory hierarchies).

My own mass edits tends to be done in a combination of emacs keyboard
macros run over rgrep hits.

And the mass edits tend to be done in emacs, rather than the IDE I'm
officially using at that time...

(Side note: If I had a task that would require 6 hour manual editing I
would probably script it in perl (I am trying to replace my use of perl
with python, but I keep having relapses...))