Re: emacs IDE features

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: emacs IDE features
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 13:05:07 -0400

Hi all!

Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> writes:
> For Emacs developers who don't follow emacs-devel and bug-gnu-emacs
> closely, it can provide some important announcement about Emacs
> development, e.g., feature freeze, workflow changes (VCS, ChangeLog,
> commit message format, development branches), GNU ELPA development
> process changes, new developers, and so on.

I don't read emacs-devel or bug-gnu-emacs often, so someone else would
probably need to write that part. =) If someone would like to do that,
tell me the subject line to watch out for, and I'll link to those
summaries.

John Wiegley wrote:
>> I can see how far I get in terms of getting it up and running (and
>> being consistent with it, which could be the real challenge!) over on
>> my blog. It definitely makes sense as a web archive and/or a mailing
>> list, and maybe other people will want to pitch in too.
> Thanks, Sacha, I think your comments and energy demonstrate exactly
> what I was hoping for. You have the job! :) If you have any issues

Bwahahaha, as much of a "job" as these things are. <grin> Anyway, here's
my first attempt at it.

http://sachachua.com/blog/2015/10/2015-10-18-emacs-link-round-up/

Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

It's in my usual Emacs category, so folks can read it on Planet Emacsen
as well. If I manage to keep it going for a few months, I might split it
off into its own category or domain. (Hmm, I haven't updated
emacslife.com in ages. I could probably put it there.)

Sacha Chua