Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 11:23:49 -0700

On 10/18/2015 10:52 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

>> When we need to use Guile APIs from Emacs. That's one of the advantages of
>> using Guile: that it implements a lot of functionality which it would be
>> good to have in Emacs.
>
> Total agreement! I've been wanting a Guile-based Emacs since 1998, if for no
> other reason than that I could have used call/cc in Eshell, instead of the
> horrendous CPS hack that exists there now.

You have generators in elisp already. Wanting to use one language is,
IMHO, a poor choice for wanting to completely swap out a language. I am
opposed to Guilemacs, not only on technical grounds, but also because
elisp is essential to Emacs (and not just an optional extension system),
and I want its implementation to live alongside the rest of the Emacs
core code.