Re: vc-next-action RCS vs hg: copies the entry of ChangeLog

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: vc-next-action RCS vs hg: copies the entry of ChangeLog
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:05:01 +0300

>>> "Dmitry" == Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> On 10/19/2015 04:20 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> So I think the new template should be fine or you want to fiddle me the
>> newlines?

> Why newlines?

> The obvious difference is that the values are not lined up vertically.
> But you can add spaces to fix that, manually. Then:

> - No need to replace "summary:" with "description:".
> - Even when the commit doesn't have a tag, your template still shows that
> line.
> - The date format is slightly different.
> - When the commit has multiple parents, the default style shows them both,
> yours doesn't.

Ok, I will ask on the mercurial list for more help.

>> How to implement that in is not entirely clear to me. Maybe a different
>> template for hg is needed?

> I don't know what you mean by that.

What I mean is suppose I come up with the hg template which meets all
the requirements, I would leave it to the vc maintainer to implement
that in lisp. For me it is not obvious how to do it.

> It's okay if this is too much for you. Then please open a bug for
> this, and we'll get back to it later. Maybe someone experienced with
> Mercurial will come and help.

If I don't get a useful respond on the Mercurial list, I will do that.