Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 00:33:20 -0700

> I don't have performance numbers, but of course it will be faster, in the
> same way that Emacs C code is faster than the corresponding lisp. I know the
> bytecode/LLVM experiment was not; but I think that is because the Emacs
> bytecode is a particularly bad format.

When it comes to performance, I don't believe in judging by reason. But I'm
eager to see your numbers!

If there are issues that make you think this work is unwanted, please bring
them to me (maybe on IRC), and we can discuss them. I wouldn't want to see
something of potentially great value get dropped.

John