RE: Emacs logo proposal

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs logo proposal
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:44:59 -0700 (PDT)

> You will find attached a proposal for a new iteration of the Emacs logo.
> Here's a summary of what I did:
>
> - flattened a bit the circle
> - changed the gradient of the logo to warmer shades of purple
> - changed the orientation if the E, to look more dynamic (looking up
>   instead of down)
> - added a dark stroke around the logo

Looks good to me.  I agree with you about the E orientation,
especially when the icon is reduced considerably (see attached).
(No need to move the E to the right, IMO.)

Maybe provide it in a variety of colors.  Maybe even some with a
transparent E (see attached).

(At least on MS Windows, users can easily choose among the icons
distributed with an app.)