Re: Contributors and maintainers

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Contributors and maintainers
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:54:22 -0700

> N.B. Here I hope that by "agree" John means "agree that we both have the
> same understanding of the issue". Sometimes different value systems means
> that although we do understand the issue the same way, we take different
> positions, and will still not agree on what to do. But that's rarely a
> complete blocker to cooperation.

Thank you for that clarification, Stephen. "Agree" here means that we both
agree the bike is blue, not that we both agree it should be.

You remind me of a funny story. Once, early in my marriage, I had this green
shirt that was somewhat bluish. To my eyes, it was clearly green. To my wife's
eyes, it was clearly blue. We both stood there, saying to one another, "It's
blue! It's green! It's blue! It's green!" :)

We at least agreed it was either blue or green, or ambiguously blue-green,
that much was clear. But the exact shade was not clear, even though it was
*crystal* clear to each of us alone.

John