Re: Contributors and maintainers

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Contributors and maintainers
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 03:18:19 +0900

John Wiegley writes:

 > Also, it does not help to reiterate how clear and cogent your
 > arguments have been. Until we both agree, "clarity" and "cogency"
 > have not been achieved.

N.B.  Here I hope that by "agree" John means "agree that we both have
the same understanding of the issue".  Sometimes different value
systems means that although we do understand the issue the same way,
we take different positions, and will still not agree on what to do.
But that's rarely a complete blocker to cooperation.

One of the nice properties of free software is that when agreeing to
disagree, we can both have the bikeshed painted in our favorite color.