Re: fix/ert-multiline-explanation

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: fix/ert-multiline-explanation
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:44:52 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
>> I would appreciate feedback on whether the change on
>> fix/ert-multiline-explanation would be a good one.
>>
>> At the moment, ert allows you to attach explanation functions to explain
>> why tests have failed. Unfortunately, these explanations are printed out
>> using "pp" which escapes new lines. So multiline explanations are,
>> largely, unreadable.
>>
>> So this patch ignores the value of pp-escape-newlines and resets it to
>> nil for the duration.
>
> This patch?

On the branch fix/ert-multiline-explanation.

a23aa4c9c99147bd6f36941fbae3a2d94c481bed

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?h=fix/ert-multiline-explanation&id=a23aa4c9c99147bd6f36941fbae3a2d94c481bed

Never really understood patches. Branches or request pull/pull
request/merge request seem much easier.

Phil