Re: master 6d6bf46 2/2: Make dired-do-compress work for *.tar.gz files

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: master 6d6bf46 2/2: Make dired-do-compress work for *.tar.gz files
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 12:59:28 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, looks good to me, but the comment about non-GNU Tar has a
> typo.

Thanks, fixed.

>> 2. There's some autoload regeneration rule that modifies dired.el when
>> dired-aux.el is modified. Should that autoload be committed together
>> with a change?
>
> It would be nice, although Glenn has set up an automatic job for that,
> which runs once in a few days.

OK, I'll extend the commit after calling "make" from now on.

>> 4. I've added NEWS entries, but I forgot how the +++/---/ markers
>> work. Where is that info?
>
> At the beginning of the NEWS file.

Oops, didn't think to look there. I've added an index entry for
`dired-do-compress-to'.

I don't think `dired-do-compress' needs extra description (unless a
whole new node is make for dired/compression), it's intuitive that it
should work for directories.