Re: Emacs logo proposal

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Emacs logo proposal
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 07:45:24 -0400

Count me in  the minority.  I find the color and gradient less than an improvement.

Recent style movement is towards much flatter icons (e.g. Android Material Design).  You can see this already in your attached clip from OSX.  (Focus on icon from the distribution, not third party icons which likely are lagging re conforming to the style guidelines or may have no intention of doing so.)

My druthers would be a hue closer to the old purple but devoid of gradient.  Then I would like to see the icon with and without the surrounding ring.  (My suspicion is that abandoning the ring will enhance a flat look.)  And obviously the pen gets jettisoned.

/john