Re: master 069a0e4: Sync with soap-client repository, version 3.0.0

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: master 069a0e4: Sync with soap-client repository, version 3.0.0
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 00:25:43 -0400

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
>
>> branch: master
>> commit 069a0e41f40822f3233333eee33ef6f15a640f0b
>> Author: Thomas Fitzsimmons <address@hidden>
>> Commit: Thomas Fitzsimmons <address@hidden>
>>
>>     Sync with soap-client repository, version 3.0.0
>
> I know it can be tedious, but please try to make proper commit logs for
> such things, showing exactly what changed, just as you would in any
> other commit. (Also reflecting the correct author, if appropriate.)
> Thanks.

Sorry about that; this sync represents three years of development by
Alex Harsanyi and me in the soap-client GitHub repository:

https://github.com/alex-hhh/emacs-soap-client

All the history and authorship information is there, accessible from the
3.0.0 tag.

To reduce tedium and precisely represent authorship and history within
the Emacs repository, maybe it would make sense to add emacs-soap-client
as a Git subtree, like GNU Elpa allows for externally-hosted projects.
Is that an option for the main Emacs Git repository?

Or more simply, I could update the Homepage headers to point to
https://github.com/alex-hhh/emacs-soap-client (which I should do
anyway), so that people can look for the history there.

Thomas