Re: Why does mml-attach-file put the attachment at the very end of the m

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Why does mml-attach-file put the attachment at the very end of the message...
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:37:52 +0100

On 2015-10-26, at 10:36, Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:33:23 +0100, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>> !     (when head
>> !       (goto-char (point-max))
>> !       (search-backward "\n-- \n" nil t))
>
> This makes the signature unseen to not a few recipients (except
> Emacs users).  IOW, many mail programs aren't fully MIME compliant;
> they assume MIME-parts other than the first one all not inlinable
> attachments.  It's too bad, though.

I see.  This probably makes my suggestion unreasonable at best.

BTW, does that mean that if I inline the attachment (which I do
frequently), some people might not see anything after that?

And now I've got a question: how can I reliably find the part
responsible for the attachment (sorry, I don't know the correct term for
it) in the buffer?

> Regards,

Best,

--