Re: Another others for maintainer?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Another others for maintainer?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 08:32:51 -0500

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> So what I'd love to see happen first is to go through the bug tracker and find
> every issue with a waiting patch. Confirm with the submitter that they believe
> their patch is in final ready status, and that it works with current Git HEAD.
> Then let's start moving these patches in and closing their associated bugs.

On the monotone project, we occasionally ran a "bug squashing contest".
Someone would put up money for a small prize (usually monotone logo hats
or shirts), and whoever squashed the most bugs in a 24 hr period gets
the prize. It worked pretty well as a motivator; sometimes people only
need a little push to do the right thing.

We might want to occaisionally change the "win" metric to "most urgent
bugs" or something, otherwise only minor bugs get fixed.

--
-- Stephe