Re: Empty tooltips under X

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Empty tooltips under X
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:09:34 -0400

> With current master/trunk tooltips under X are broken here.  I get a box
> with correct borders/background and correct dimensions but without text.
> Can anyone see that?

The tooltip is working fine for me.

>  (tooltip-show "This is a test tooltip") shows the tip correctly.

Same here.

> What happens when you set ‘x-gtk-use-system-tooltips’ to nil?

OK. So now when I eval the below,

(let (x-gtk-use-system-tooltips)
  (tooltip-show "This is a test tooltip"))

I get an empty tooltip, but with different background color and border
style than when I eval just (tooltip-show "This is a test tooltip")

Built on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Configure options: --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/master
'CPPFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline -I/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/include
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include' 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0'
'CXXFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0' 'LDFLAGS=-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib
-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib64 -ggdb3'

Features: XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11