Re: Exposing Isearch toggleable options

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Exposing Isearch toggleable options
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:30:50 +0000

> Artur, does this mean the I-search prompt would be two-lines high in the
> minibuffer, instead of one-line?

With this turned on, yes.

> If so, I would definitely want a way to
> disable it; if I already know the options, it shortens the text window for
> documentation I wouldn't need.

Yes there's an option to disable it.

> For new users, I'm not sure whether it should be on by default or not. It's
> handy, for sure, but distracting maybe? I can't say without that mindset. I'd
> love to hear from some users to see what they think.

Yes, that's my doubt.
The point here is to expose this to new users. So if it won't be ON by
default, I'd rather not even merge (it would just increase code
complexity and make it harder for us to take another direction on this
later).

But then, I'm not sure it's useful and non-distracting enough to
warrant being on by default.
I'm currently using it locally to get a feel for it and I hope other
people will too.
Maybe I should just add this to master with the message that it may
well be reverted before release.