Re: e

From: Random832
Subject: Re: e
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 09:58:19 -0400

Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> writes:
> yes, but I was doing tests in ielm and I'm pretty sure I did not type
> float-e. It was clearly e, and after seeing e evaluated, I tried pi
> (which worked then and works still).

(describe-variable 'pi) says it's "Obsolete since Emacs-23.3".

The actual removal of e is here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit?id=993687
And it was marked obsolete here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit?id=9e0d4f

But you can see from the comments that the writing was always in the
wall, since here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit?id=9a0fc3