Re: IDE

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 18:35:55 -0400

On 10/29/2015 09:13 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 10/29/2015 02:56 PM, Oleh Krehel wrote:

I'm referring to the display of complex C++ types, some inheritance of
members from one namespace into another, some heuristics for
symbol-at-point completion, the ability to jump-to-tag in a whole
directory instead of a single file etc.  These are mostly minor
improvements here and there. Since I make these small improvements often
and don't have write access to CEDET

There never was a prohibition to committing changes to CEDET in the Emacs repository, and now according to the recent discussions on the CEDET mailing list, all CEDET development is going to move to Emacs.

So, commit away?

I read through the function-args readme briefly today, and it looks like some nice stuff.

I can see why some of the pieces would be c++ specific.

The usability improvements in this tool are really nice. If you have an assignment w/ the FSF, I would have been happy to provide write access and have help getting patches into CEDET, or add features. Your function args package notes that it has improved versions of CEDET functions. I rarely had time to focus on usability of keybindings and such, as I usually have my hands full keeping parsers and other infrastructure up to date. If someone has interests in interfaces and what kind of data is useful while editing, I'll always be glad to pull in those changes, and help keep things language neutral where applicable.

Eric