Re: [Emacs-diffs] fix/no-undo-boundary-on-secondary-buffer-change f59d1b

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] fix/no-undo-boundary-on-secondary-buffer-change f59d1be: Move undo amalgamation to lisp.
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:44:39 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> for us to hit the first key) should call undo-auto-boundaries (assuming
>>> your patch indeed calls undo-auto-boundaries *before* rather than
>>> *after* running the command).
>> At the moment, it's more *after* rather than *before*.
>
> The old code does it before.
> See, you just got bitten because you gratuitously changed that ;-)

Well, I strongly dispute this.

I had to learn C to make these changes, and I still haven't got a clue
what I am doing. So the changes were not gratuitous. They were made
entirely out of ignorance of what the code does, and fear that it might
stop working if I changed it again.

In the words of my four year old, are we there yet?

Phil