Re: IDE

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 10:04:59 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Ludlam <address@hidden> writes:

> I read through the function-args readme briefly today, and it looks
> like some nice stuff.
>
> I can see why some of the pieces would be c++ specific.
>
> The usability improvements in this tool are really nice.  If you have
> an assignment w/ the FSF, I would have been happy to provide write
> access and have help getting patches into CEDET, or add features.
> Your function args package notes that it has improved versions of
> CEDET functions.  I rarely had time to focus on usability of
> keybindings and such, as I usually have my hands full keeping parsers
> and other infrastructure up to date.   If someone has interests in
> interfaces and what kind of data is useful while editing, I'll always
> be glad to pull in those changes, and help keep things language
> neutral where applicable.

I have an assignment and commit access to Emacs.  Should I wait until
CEDET gets a git branch in Emacs until committing?
Or just commit to the CEDET that's already in Emacs core and hope that
it will magically be pulled to the base repository?
I could also commit directly to CEDET if I had write access, but I think
CEDET doesn't use git, and that's the only thing I (know how to) use.

    Oleh