Re: On the popularity of git

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: On the popularity of git
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 21:13:31 +0100

> Alan Mackenzie writes:
>
>  > Not at all.  There are 20, 30, or 50 options which all consciously
>  > have to be omitted.
>
> Which 6 letters in the word "option" didn't you read as you typed it?

I must say that I am quite curious about the concept of "consciously
omitting options".  With most command line programs, I am pretty sure
that I am constantly omitting options unconsciously since "omitting"
them "consciously" would require that unconsciously calling a program
would involve typing every conceivable option in, and only consciousness
makes every unneeded option disappear from the command line.

I mean, even if my usual way of keyboard entry would be to fall asleep
on the keyboard whenever I have to type options, I am pretty sure that
I'd miss a few ones by default.

--
David Kastrup