Re: e

From: Random832
Subject: Re: e
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 00:29:44 -0400

Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> writes:
> Although GNU nano seems to be an exception (it's the only exception I
> found):
> localhost:bin xfq$ ./nano --version
>  GNU nano version 2.0.6 (compiled 15:38:45, Aug 22 2015)

That's a build timestamp. Nano 2.0.6 was released 2007.04.26, and was
the last pre-GPLv3 one. http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v2.2/NEWS

> Maybe Apple has (had?) plans for patent lawsuits or TiVoization.  I
> don't know.

Well, how much does the GPLv3 prevent "unrelated" patent lawsuits? Maybe
they were concerned it might affect their design patent lawsuits vs
Samsung etc.

Maybe it just wasn't worth the budget to have the lawyers look at how it
affects them when few of their users care about having the latest and
greatest command-line stuff.