Re: IDE

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 06:50:19 -0500

On 10/31/2015 07:40 AM, Oleh Krehel wrote:
Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> writes:

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 5:04 PM, Oleh Krehel <address@hidden> wrote:
but I think CEDET doesn't use git, and that's the only thing I (know
how to) use.
CEDET uses Git now.  You can browse the repository here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/cedet/git/ci/master/tree/
Thanks, Xue. I was using http://git.code.sf.net/p/cedet/git for a long
time now. I thought it was only a Git mirror though.

Eric, could I possibly get write access there? I promise not commit
anything too strange without asking first.
.

Source Forge wouldn't let me edit user permissions this morning.  :(

If you email me your SF id, I can add you when SF next allows me to.

I think you might be better off checking directly into Emacs however. We need to do a final merge from the CEDET repository into Emacs proper, after which we will probably abandon the separate repository. Keeping them in sync has been a problem, so we will probably come up with an alternate branching strategy.

For function-args proper, lets consider how to bring it into the CEDET space. For example, there is this line in the commentary:

;; * `moo-complete' -- a c++-specific version of `semantic-ia-complete-symbol'. Perhaps we can figure out how to either merge the two, or add the right way to extend -ia-complete-jump in that way for any language.

Thanks!
Eric