Re: Collation tests in fns-tests.el

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: Collation tests in fns-tests.el
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 11:25:51 -0500

From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 09:49:30 +0100

Ken Brown <address@hidden> writes:

If Cygwin's implementation of strcoll cannot be fixed, then we should
treat this test on Cygwin as expected failure.

I'll probably do that, but I'll wait to see if Michael has anything to add.

I have no other idea, sorry. Let's mark the test case as expected to
fail for Cygwin. And maybe a note about this behaviour could be added in
doc/lispref/strings.texi.

Well, one other idea is for Cygwin's Emacs build to have its private
implementation of strcoll, similar to what w32_compare_strings does.

I could do this in the future if necessary. For now, I've just followed Michael's suggestion.

Ken