Re: Exposing Isearch toggleable options

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Exposing Isearch toggleable options
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 15:19:21 -0500

> I still disagree, but I've already said most of what I think about this.

> I prefer to see *Help* provide help as information, and not try to get into
> the business of becoming a clickable dialog box that effects actions.

Artur,

Would you be willing to write up a final version of your I-search proposal as
a separate document, so we can all review it? I feel the important points are
getting lost in the weeds with this thread, as I no longer have a coherent
picture of your proposed changes.

I've created a page at http://www.emacswiki.org specifically for gathering
such proposals, so we can review and revise them:

    http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Proposals

If you could add a link on that page to your proposed change, it would help
focus our discussion.

Feel free to continue debating technical points here, I'd just like there to
be a "current state of the proposal" that I could look at on any given day, as
these discussion evolve.

Thank you,
  John